Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Lundberg Wild Blend, Gourmet Blend of Wild and Whole Grain Brown Rice, 16-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)



I'm really a white rice kinda person - raised on it, like it. As my tastes matured I learned how much more flavor there is to be had -- basmati, jasmine...in white rice, jasmine is my favorite. I started trying to eat better several years ago, but never truly learned to appreciate brown rice. Instead, I ended up mostly cutting rice from my diet. Now that I have found Lundberg Wild Blend, rice is back in the lineup. I look forward to the nights when this is one of the sides. It has a nutty taste, yes, but also a bit of sweetness. We love it!

Thought that this would be just another pretty rice blend, but it's become the "only" rice I make anymore. It has a subtle nutty flavour that combines well with any seasoning. The different textures you experience when eating are wonderful. I highly recommend this blend to anyone. Add a rice pilaf recipe, a wooden spoon, and you have a great gift.


No comments:

My Blog List