Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Texmati Long Grain American Basmati White Rice, 36-Ounce Jars (Pack of 4)



This rice is wonderful, and I love using it out of the container instead of rice that comes in a bag or a box. This rice is different from any other rice I have cooked with. The obvious comparison is Indian basmati rice -- long grain, fragrant, tasty -- but Texmati is not quite basmati. That means that Texmati is not perfect for Indian food, but it also means that it is really good. Actually, this Texmati is more flexible than classic basmati rice. You can use it with Chinese or Korean dishes. It works great in your favorite rice casseroles. I like to cook it in our ricemaker, then flavor it by adding a few fresh or frozen peas, a shake of our favorite herbs (dried basil, dried New Mexico oregano), and a swirl of olive oil mixed with Hungarian paprika. Or stir in a little finely chopped cilantro and parsley. I like to finish my serving with a sprinkle of ground red chile flakes. Now we're talkin' fusion. Texmati is a great foundation for fusion dishes based on rice. You will not regret trying this rice.

No comments:

My Blog List